TaylorMade P790 irons are a premium feeling player designed for long distance and speed.
But, Are P790 Irons Forgiving? Yes, Taylormade P790 Irons is forgiving. While checking the reviews and my personal experience can ensure that –
- The P790 irons are ideal for golfers who prefer to hit long distances and forgiveness without sacrificing playability.
- The hollow body makes it easier to hit the ball straight even if you do mis-hit.
- Also, the P790 Irons got their name because of the 79mm blade thickness. That’s thicker than most other irons in the market.
So, you can surely get a pro-level experience with these uniquely featured P790 irons. Get inside the article to know what’s more in this forgiving iron!
Are taylormade P790 Irons Forgiving?
While introduced in 2017, TaylorMade has improved its irons in the present days as well. From my experiences, here is an overview of this amazing player –
- Clean and sleek design with a matte finish and minimal branding.
- A forged hollow body and thin wrap face for a soft feel is something that stands out!
- Speed pocket and speed foam tech for better ball speed and launch angle.
- Thru-slot in the hosel for more adjustability in the loft and lie angles.
- Progressive inverted cone design for forgiveness that people love the most!
- The consistent performance is what users find lovely, too.
Why Consider the TaylorMade P790 Irons?
To be honest, yes, TaylorMade P790 irons are forgiving. They are amazing at minimizing the impact of hits that aren’t ideal in the center of the clubface.
Let’s note down what makes it popular and forgiving for the golfer club.
taylormade p790 specs & handicap range
- New FLTD CG system: The P790 irons have an FLTD CG system strategically positioned in the center of gravity lowest in the long irons.
- SpeedFoam Technology: A special foam like SpeedFoam makes the club comfortable.
- Tungsten Weighting: Tungsten weight is placed to optimize the CG (Center of Gravity) for including stability.
- Inverted Cone Technology (ICT): P790 irons have Inverted Cone Technology to mark the spot on point!
- Hollow Feature: The irons are hollow, so moving weight to the clubhead’s perimeter becomes easier, and it develops the Moment of Inertia (MOI).
- Super Flexibility: The present Taylormade P790 Irons 2023 is much more forgiving and quite flexible.
Who Is The taylormade p790 Irons For?
The beauty of P790 always sets you apart when you hit the ball. Read the following section to know the level of forgiveness according to different golf players.
The P790 has an additional distance with the high launch for reaching elusive greens more easily. So, Can high handicappers use P790? According to Club Fitting Magazine (2022), high handicappers can achieve an average of 12 yards when compared to previous irons.
Want to get multiple facts with TaylorMade P790? The forgiveness for off-center hits and improved workability shape your shots.
You can also consider it a safety net with room. While researching online, I found the reviews from mid-handicappers on GolfWRX. Reddit also lauds the P790s for their blend of playability and forgiveness.
No need to worry; the P790 maintains satisfying feedback and ample control for your shot-making artistry. Even low handicappers on Tour have included the P790s in their bags, highlighting their versatility.
taylormade irons by year – Year wise Comparison of P790 Irons and Their Forgiveness
TaylorMade has updated their P790 Irons since 2017. Each version has a different level of improvement. Here is a comparison for you!
|30.5° (7 Iron)
|30.5° (7 Iron)
|30° (7 Iron)
|29.5° (7 Iron)
|Slightly lower but overall it’s best with forgiveness
Caption: Year-wise Forgiving Comparison of P790 Irons
taylormade p790 irons review?
Let’s take a look at the reviews users have given –
The irons’ sleek, blade-like design, along with the matte finish and shiny accents, is impressive! Experts will get enhanced top-line finishing and a clean back.
In my eyes, such irons are truly eye-pleasing and downright gorgeous!
Sound and Feel
From the medium-soft feel in short irons to the explosive sensation in long irons, the P790 offers outstanding controls. The sound transitioned from a quiet snap to a louder one, mirroring their speed and power!
Surprisingly good feedback distinguished between pure strikes and mishits, lacking any harshness. However, users find it lovely!
The 3 Iron, especially, stood out for its exceptional launch and playability.
Undoubtedly worth the price! Users are happy with the price compared to the performance they get.
I can confidently say TaylorMade P790 Irons are among the best irons I’ve ever played with!
When I played with P790, trust me, it was something like a game-changing shot!
From the moment I first swung these clubs, I felt the sleek design and the technology it has. Not to mention, the SpeedFoam and Speed Pocket significantly improved my launch angle with the long irons.
What I loved the most was the inverted cone design with forgiveness and accuracy. Although I experienced a mishit, it was accurate. So, why not spend some bucks from your pocket to become an expert golfer?
Go for it! You’ll enjoy the hit for sure!
The TaylorMade P790 Irons have earned a reputation, but what if they’re compared to other golf player irons? Let’s find out if any other brands or models are much more reliable than P790.
Callaway Apex DCB
Both Callaway and TaylorMade share a focus on forgiveness. But Callaway’s offers a slightly large clubhead for increased confidence.
According to Hackers Paradise Forum, some opinions suggest Callaway has a more extensive runway. It’s with the technology compared to TaylorMade.
People believe Callaway’s innovations can lead to a shift in how golf clubs are manufactured in the future. Notably, the engineering IMO, as discussed on the forum, needs reduced chassis weight. It’s while keeping stability and strength.
To be honest, Callaway Apex is more forgiving on hill and toe mis-hit compared to P790. But it feels less vibrant than P790.
This iron blends playability and forgiveness! It’s favored by mid-handicappers. But they’re not that forgiving like the P790 and DCB.
our Verdict on taylormade p790 review
In my experience, TaylorMade P790 irons are truly impressive and will surely get your love. With a forgiving nature, premium feel, and sleek design, they deliver an exceptional speed, distance, and forgiveness that every golfer looks for!
With innovative features like the hollow body and SpeedFoam technology, these irons are great for golfers, from newbies to experts. While alternatives exist, the P790 stands out for its unmatched game-changing experiences!